1.23.2011

Web's Top 25 Poll

By Michael Weber

Discuss on Yuku  ||  Can't Post? Here's How

Let me just take a minute to explain something about my ballot this week because I know someone out there is wondering why I have the Pitt Panthers ranked so low.  Kansas lost to Texas.  Pitt lost to Tennessee.  Just because Kansas lost this week, it doesn't mean I just automatically move Kansas down a spot and Pitt up a spot.  No, I'm smarter than that actually.  Look at Tennessee...they stink.  Look at Texas...they don't stink.  I think Villanova would beat Pitt right now and that win at AT Syracuse WITH Kris Joseph tells me so.  San Diego State is unbeaten and deserves to be in front of them as well.  BYU has Jimmer Fredette.  Pitt has Ashton Gibbs.  Advantage BYU.  Duke lost at FSU which I view as a better loss than Tennessee.  Add it all up and Pitt is behind Ohio State, San Diego State, Kansas, Duke, Villanova and BYU.  As a reminder, you can find the top 25 blogger poll right HERE

1 - Ohio State
2 - San Diego State
3 - Kansas
4 - Duke
5 - Villanova
6 - BYU
7 - Pittsburgh
8 - Connecticut
9 - Texas
10 - Purdue
11 - Syracuse
12 - ND
13 - Missouri
14 - Texas A&M
15 - Wisconsin
16 - Kentucky
17 - Minnesota
18 - Washington
19 - Georgetown
20 - Florida State
21 - Florida
22 - West Virginia
23 - Louisville
24 - Michigan State
25 - Missouri State